Gunfighting 101 – Essential Skills
Homestead Training Center
For available times, please check Google Calendar at the bottom of the page.
Homestead Training Center, 11700 SW 304th St, Homestead, FL 33033, USA
About The Event
GUNFIGHTING 101 – ESSENTIAL SKILLS
This course is designed to give the the developing shooter the core fundamentals necessary to efficiently operate a handgun under stress. Starting with mindset and attitude, the shooter will learn the core handgun fundamentals necessary to efficiently operate a handgun under stress. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress, and how to effectively balance speed and accuracy with proper weapon manipulation during a real world encounter. This is not your classic “marksmanship” class because we will teach you to fight with your gun as close as 10 yards from the target, hold it while running safely, and use it in realistic situations that you could potentially encounter. To get a better idea of what you will learn in this tactical training course, click here.
- The three core fundamentals of marksmanship
- Combat accuracy
- Emergency reloads / Tactical reloads
- Instinctive shooting
- Clearing weapon malfunctions
- Strong Hand/ Support hand shooting
- Shooting while moving
- A functional and practical handgun
- Proper belt/holster and magazine pouches (required)
- The working magazines (required)
- 300 rounds handgun ammunition (required)
- Ear and eye protection (required)
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity
- An open mind.
*Instructors are former Special Forces team Sergeant, Current DHS firearms instructor, and other LEO Certified Instructors.