Gunfighting 101 – Essential Skills
Homestead Training Center
For available times, please check Google Calendar at the bottom of the page.
Homestead Training Center, 11700 SW 304th St, Homestead, FL 33033, USA
About The Course
Course Costs: $200.00
GUNFIGHTING 101 – ESSENTIAL SKILLS
This course is designed to give the developing shooter the skills necessary to efficiently utilize footwork, body positions and improvised shooting holds while operating a handgun under stress. Starting with mindset and attitude, the shooter will learn the core foundations necessary to efficiently operate on the run. This class focuses on acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress, and how to effectively balance speed and accuracy with proper weapon manipulation during a real-world encounter. If you carry a gun for protection you need to take this class! This is not your classic “marksmanship” class. We teach you to fight with your while running safely, basically shooting over your shoulder. To get a better idea of what you will learn in this tactical training course, click here.
- The three core fundamentals of marksmanship
- Combat accuracy
- Emergency reloads / Tactical reloads
- Instinctive shooting
- Clearing weapon malfunctions
- Strong Hand/ Support hand shooting
- Shooting while moving
- A functional and practical handgun
- Proper belt/holster and magazine pouches (required)
- The working magazines (required)
- 300 rounds handgun ammunition (required)
- Ear and eye protection (required)
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity
- An open mind.
*Instructors are former Special Forces team Sergeant, Current DHS firearms instructor, and other LEO Certified Instructors.